FaeryTaleAdventurerFaeryTaleAdventurer

Main News Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 23 Fans

Spectral Fun ~P~ Spectral Fun ~P~

A subtle yet interesting remix of your MonHunter song. Was listening to the familiar intro, the progressions, and the confirming end.

Have I found you out?

Phyrnna responds:

Yep :p

THE TEMPLE THE TEMPLE

If you really are the original artist, I'm impressed. The last time I heard this song was about 10 years ago on the late great Don LaFontaine website. Nice accomplishment, if I say so myself. After his passing, the site underwent a rework, getting rid of this background music in the process.

Seems like this song has definitely got a lot of use in the past. Hope it keeps up!

-FTA

NGDIC2 Part II - General MIDtown Theme Cover NGDIC2 Part II - General MIDtown Theme Cover

Effin' dope, Daru! I'm so blown away with this remix. I'm flattered that you picked this one out of all the others to remix.

I wish I was able to devote more time to finishing the song, but I'm happy to see what you were able to pull off with what I had.

Keep up the wonderful work, bro, it sounds so pro and inspirational. Your choices of instruments and stuff totally makes this remix a thang.

-AFK7

Daru925 responds:

Hey, glad you like it^^
Upon listening to the midi (only pianos and drums), i immediately pictured what instruments would fit^^ It was easy :)
So if the track is good, its mostly because you made it very easy for me.

I later listened to your original on soundcloud, when i was looking for the name of the track, after finishing my version^^ Very nice!

Glooming (x-com'ish) Glooming (x-com'ish)

NIce stuff, it reminds me a lot of a song from the Marathon FPS game.

Night Night

Wow, this sounds like a step outside of the norm for you. It's not really "hip-hop" in the way its defined today. I applaud you for erecting something of such length as this in FL Studio (or other software). I hadn't recall coming across a song of this length and style on Newgrounds since FatKidWitaJetpak's "Ironesque Valley".

This month I learned a lot with SONAR through experimentation, which is essentially what this compilation of a song is all about. You've used a lot of samples, and they seem to meld well with each other.

The mix of instruments, audio clips and whatnot together almost feels like they came from a "trip" of a movie or something. It certainly sounds like a lot of time was put into this work.

For being fresh out of high school, it seems almost as if you've been making music for many years. I don't know what inspired you to make such a journey at the time, but it feels like a journey worth completing.

I'm not big on mastering myself, most of the time I don't even really bother with it, feeling satisfied with the given quality.

As of this review, I've barely accumulated even half the minutes of this song in the challenge that took place this month of February. The transitions seem to be darn-near seamless, as if they were meant to be.

Your quotes appear strong and useful. Music is constantly evolving and we may never run out of new ideas for it for aeons to come.

Keep doing what you're doing, C.J.

-Kurisu

Only if i had one more Only if i had one more

This is really good. I was impressed with the slowdown part I saw in the video, the tempo didn't even change at that part. Keep it up.

Urban Lights Urban Lights

Please bring this to Va-11 Hall-A, if you can!

-+[Heartbeat]+- -+[Heartbeat]+-

Beautiful song!

Reminds me a lot of Stella Magic Temple from Dark Cloud 2, but different enough to be it's own song.

The vocals among the other instruments were a very nice touch. Happy holidays, LadyArsenic!

LadyArsenic responds:

=) Thanks so much. I didn't make the connection before but now that you mention it I can totally hear a resemblance to Stella Magic Temple. Thanks for listening <3

Oasis Oasis

Any of these instruments live? This sounds like a big step up from what I've heard from you in the past.

headphoamz responds:

Hey, thank you! And nope, nothing is live except the singing, in some parts.

Final Destination (Loop) Final Destination (Loop)

No more Miroslav Philharmonik? "-Them-" came to mind while listening to this...

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

I still use Miroslav Philharmonik once in a while.

And how this reminded you of "Them" is beyond me. The two are like total opposites.